What To Expect
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website. We hope you will be our guest at the next scheduled service at Meridianville Church of Christ.
We gather together to worship God with reverence, thankfulness, and joy three times each week (view the service schedule).
Here is a little more about what you can expect as our guest:
• We value the importance of prayer in our worship of God. There are several times throughout our services that we are led in prayer together to praise and petition the Lord.
• Each Sunday morning and evening a sermon is presented to help apply the messages given in the Bible to daily life. On Wednesday evenings, after Bible classes, we have a short devotional together in the auditorium and a brief lesson is given to the congregation.
THE LORD’S SUPPER (Communion)
• The early church observed the Lord’s Supper every Sunday (Acts 20:7; 1 Corinthians 10:16-17; 11:20-26). We eat the unleavened bread which represents Jesus’ body. By eating the bread we are reminded of Jesus’ life as a perfect being on this earth, His sacrifice, His teachings, and all that He did for us. We also drink the “fruit of the vine” which represents the blood of Christ, which was shed on the cross for the salvation of the world.
• We sing many traditional songs that are familiar to both members and guests along with some more current songs. We sing a cappella. We sing not only to praise our God, but also to encourage each other.
• Each Sunday, we have a small time dedicated to giving back to the Lord as we have prospered (1 Corinthians 16:1-2).
• At Meridianville Church of Christ, members wear a variety of clothing from suits to casual slacks and shirts. We only desire to dress in a modest way that allows us to demonstrate proper respect for God and others.